Friday, August 1, 2008

Riding Home, 20080801fr2100

I'm at the intersection of Rochester Avenue and Ashwood Drive, turning
left (west) on Rochester Avenue to go back home.

The afternoon was busier than I originally planned on. My recollection
was that I had a client at 2:00 PM, but the schedule said 4:00 PM, so
around 1:30 PM, I went to the gym. Shortly after 2:00 PM, the client
called asking if I was still coming over at 2:00 PM. Then I realized
that I'd put the appointment on my calendar while in California, so it
was added as 2:00 PM Pacific Time (4:00 PM Central Time). The client
was very kind, understanding, and flexible. So, we just planned on
4:00 PM.

After my workout, from 2:30 PM to about 4:15, I was helping move two
beds to apartments in Iowa City for people who will be coming here in
the fall.

From 4:15 to 5:00, I took care of email and banking tasks, and didn't
get to my client's home until about 5:30 PM. They were very gracious
and accomodating about me being late.

I worked with the client until about 9:00 PM, and now I'm going to go
home and go to bed early.