Sunday, August 3, 2008

After the Storm, 20080803su1028

The storm last night around 3:00 AM was so severe that it woke me from a sound sleep. It's Sunday, so I let myself just sleep in to get the rest I need. I woke up a few minutes after 10:00 AM (8:00 AM Pacific Time) and soon discovered that the storm seemed to have disrupted Internet service. I'll probably need to reset the Cable Modem and Wireless Routers to resore service. For now, I'm using the ATT Edge Network.

I'm told that the ATT store can apply a significant discount to the monthly bill for state employees. So, I need to check on getting that done, but I need to stop by the store for that. Maybe sometime when I'm near the mall where the store is located.

As I write this, it's now a little after 10:30 AM. I'm planning to do my full morning routine before going to do some client work this afternoon. The people I'm going to go help live in the rural area north and east of Iowa City, so I have a long ride ahead of me this afternoon.

I'll be updating throughout the day.